Whenever you lodge a complaint about your council to the Victorian Ombudsman, they are take seriously and add to the number of complaints about your council in their annual report.
The 2015 Vic Ombudsman Annual Report is out.The highlights are:
- Local Government generated the second highest number of complaints, as in previous years. It was second only to Corrections, Justice and Regulation.
- The main complaints are about:
- Enforcement and regulatory activities such as building, planning and animals
- rubbish and recycling collection services
- facilities owned or controlled by councils.
The “body count” of complaints in Councils for last financial year is as follows: